Serralunga d’Alba Barolo DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- ColorBrilliant garnet red color.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is very fresh and elegannt with aromas of strawberry, cherry, red berries, rose, violet, and licorice.
- FlavorOn the palate it is full-bodied, rich, balanced, with delicate, elegant tannins.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Wine Enthusiast||92||Sep 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Advocate||91||Jul 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Enthusiast||91||Dec 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast Rose-petal, red-skinned berry and new leather aromas lead the nose. The savory palate offers crushed raspberry, cinnamon and white pepper alongside taut but fine-grained tannins and fresh acidity. Drink 2024–2032. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine Advocate The Garesio 2015 Barolo del Comune di Serralunga d'Alba is a spicy and robust interpretation of Nebbiolo that delivers a very developed savory side. There is dark primary fruit at the core of the wine, but more attention is drawn to aromas of spice, tobacco and campfire embers. The heat of the vintage may have played a small role in drying out some of the wine's fruity freshness. You also get the power and concentration that are characteristics of this comune within the Barolo appellation. I would suggest a near or medium-term drinking window. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of violet, nutmeg and tobacco slowly take shape on this. The solid palate delivers sour cherry, clove and black pepper alongside taut but refined tannins and fresh acidity. Drink 2021–2028. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review