Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorLively red color with purple highlights.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is pleasantly fruity with hints of morello cherries.
- FlavorFull palate with an attractive balance between an initial rounded sensation and the dry, tannic finish.
Emilia Romagna At a Glance
Region Name Emilia Romagna
Emilia-Romagna is a rich, fertile region of northern Italy and one of its most prolific wine regions. It spans almost the entire width of the northern Italian peninsula, sandwiched between Tuscany to the south, Lombardy and Veneto to the north, and the Adriatic Sea to the east. Nine miles of Liguria is all that separates Emilia-Romagna from the Ligurian Sea.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Wine Spectator||90||Mar 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2021||Vinous Media||90||Mar 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Spectator||91||Dec 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||90||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||88||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||90||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2021 Wine Spectator A creamy, well-knit Lambrusco, featuring flavors of blackberry paste, black licorice, dried sage, candied violet and dark chocolate. Lightly chewy in texture and driven by lively acidity, which carries the flavors through to the well-spiced finish. Drink now. 2,166 cases made, 250 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2021 Vinous Media The 2021 Lambrusco Il Grasparossa impresses with its pretty violet floral lavender tones before giving way to crushes black cherries. It's silky and round palate, more savory than sweet. Masses of spices, blackberry and inner florals collect toward the close. This leaves the cheeks puckered and the mouth watering for more, finishing with a staining of fruit concentration and nuances of sour citrus. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2020 Wine Spectator An elegant version, with a fine, satiny mousse and delicate flavors of wild strawberry and red currant, tobacco and leather, incense and anise. Fresh and lightly chalky on the lasting finish. Drink now. 1,250 cases made, 250 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Lambrusco Il Grasparossa is intensely spicy and layered, as plum sauce gives way to sage, quinine, hints of birch and dusty dried flowers. It’s soft and pliant, only slightly frizzante-like, supporting tart red and black fruits, along with saline-mineral tones that collect toward the close. This comes across as quite savory as it tapers off fresh to hints of tobacco and black licorice. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Fragrant with star anise and sandalwood accents, this creamy Lambrusco features flavors of baked black cherry, dried fig and black licorice, with a sanguine, minerally edge. Lightly chewy on the lingering finish. Drink now. 2,150 cases made, 300 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator The fine pétillant mousse of this elegant, vinous sparkler carries flavors of crushed black cherry, dried fig, dusty sage and woodsy spice. Fresh and harmonious, with a lasting finish. Drink now through 2023. 2,166 cases made, 100 cases imported. –AN Shelf Talker Full Page Review