Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorLively red color with purple highlights.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is pleasantly fruity with hints of morello cherries.
- FlavorFull palate with an attractive balance between an initial rounded sensation and the dry, tannic finish.
Emilia Romagna At a Glance
Region Name Emilia Romagna
Emilia-Romagna is a rich, fertile region of northern Italy and one of its most prolific wine regions. It spans almost the entire width of the northern Italian peninsula, sandwiched between Tuscany to the south, Lombardy and Veneto to the north, and the Adriatic Sea to the east. Nine miles of Liguria is all that separates Emilia-Romagna from the Ligurian Sea.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Vinous Media||90||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||90||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Lambrusco Il Grasparossa is intensely spicy and layered, as plum sauce gives way to sage, quinine, hints of birch and dusty dried flowers. It’s soft and pliant, only slightly frizzante-like, supporting tart red and black fruits, along with saline-mineral tones that collect toward the close. This comes across as quite savory as it tapers off fresh to hints of tobacco and black licorice. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator The fine pétillant mousse of this elegant, vinous sparkler carries flavors of crushed black cherry, dried fig, dusty sage and woodsy spice. Fresh and harmonious, with a lasting finish. Drink now through 2023. 2,166 cases made, 100 cases imported. –AN Shelf Talker Full Page Review